“The planet is facing a rapidly accelerating emergency, but it’s not too late to act, says Christiana Figueres, architect of the historic 2015 Paris Agreement. “All of us start the transformation in one place — our mindset. This decade is a moment of choice unlike any we have ever lived.’ You and I can choose to move through the next decade with indifference – or we can be stubborn optimists and rise to the challenge.”
Who would have thought that we would be in TV land to watch the election results from the USA come in? What a world we are all living in right now. We promise to stay in the “good news” department and share things that can get you off the couch – outdoors, share meaningful facts and inspiration together with our experts from the high Arctic! We need your engagement!
We are on our way to Bamsebu, a 10-hour boat trip, with provisions, equipment and personal gear for the coming 7 months. The past few weeks have been filled with extra care and love for Ettra as she slowly recovers from her surgery. She will stay in Longyearbyen to recover, and then join us at Bamsebu at a later stage.
She thanks you all so very much for your well wishes and sends her love back!
Exploring by the Seat of Your Pants
More than ever individuals have the power to affect change and we don’t need to travel far to do that. We are so proud of our partnerships for this coming year. Collaboration is a proven model to find solutions for our smallest and largest problems. Our relationships with them will add content for new learning, actionable resources, and insight into innovative ideas.
We are working hard with Joe and his team from Exploring by the Seat of Your Pants the platform that will host exciting, dynamic content around each Education month so take a look here : www.exploringbytheseat.com/hiti/
We have handpicked education partners aligned with our mission, they are:
- Legacy partner BRP who support us with snowmobiles and safety gear. Their #TogetherWeRide initiative builds on the sense of community that is aligned with HITI values.
- Canada Goose provided us with expedition gear and their work with PBI (Polar Bears International) provides rich content around polar bears.
- Marlink goes above and beyond to enable us to communicate from Bamsebu with Satellite data as well as testing a Telemed kit for medical emergencies.
- Telus a leader in communications and sustainability across Canada will help us broaden our reach with content around climate change.
- Dewalt provides heavy duty equipment for our multi-functional “toolbox” as we work to stay safe.
- Hyundai has a focus on zero emission mobility, and they will provide content and ideas to build community around innovation.
- Hurtigruten and UNIS support us with our citizen science work during our time at Bamsebu.
We have a lot to share in the coming months as analyzed data comes in from last year and we head back into the “dark” to spread the light.
Keep checking our website for updates. Sandy has been working hard on new content. https://www.heartsintheice.com/the-bamsebu-team/
Big hugs from the stubborn optimists Hilde and Sunniva at Bamsebu